Finished up my “Aurora Borealis” Stole and happy with the result. I winged the gradient effect to use up two full skeins of Malabrigo Silkpaca and added slip stitch borders on the short ends. The beads are #5 Miyuki in an iridescent blue purple that picked up the tiny bit of purple in the “Azules” colourway.
This one was my project for Eat.Sleep.Knit’s “Star Stitch” KAL and I gotta say… those stars are pretty but they are about as fun as a Klingon fart in the transporter room to work for any length of time. My hands were not happy about this at all. Hopefully, some accumulated yardage points and a star for my team, the “Starsheep” will make it worthwhile in the end. The colours are typically hard to capture but links from my project page to the stash that I worked with are pretty good if you’re curious about the tones and depth of the colours; they are nice on this particular base. I found myself petting quite a bit! A sweater in the Silkpaca would be luxurious *sigh*A
My “Starburst” Hat is blocked too – love the balloon trick! It’s size Small, for a Littlie so no modelled photos.