Now if I could open a box and find a handy man to help me with this hellish hosta…
Wow! I am overwhelmed by all the kind words, you guys are terrific! I loved making this sweater and hearing from all of you is so encouraging and inspiring, I’m almost speechless, thanks so much. There were a few questions, and I’ll answer them here (I can’t email back directly from Blogger, but always feel free to leave a contact, if you wish).
I had a question about the granite relief stitch. It is basically a double-size garter stitch that you make over four rows. It has a very slight eyelet effect after blocking, a neat stitch. And the sleeves were knit flat, I found the striping easier that way 🙂
A very small FO makes it’s appearance today: The Daiquiri Sock, finished at last. This is for The Green Sock knitalong, Socktopia March and SAM3.
I wouldn’t have thought of myself as particularly lucky, but just recently, I was the 1000th comment over at Zarzuela Knits and Crochets, and she sent me a prize – two skeins of Cascade Fixation 🙂 Jessica is also the host of the Happy Along – this made me really happy! And I won a contest over at Mama E’s, she had a vote on the favourite picture of FO’s done in CyberFiber, and I won a custom skein, named for me :)!
In other news… Just two more sleeps until Sock Madness starts! Have you got your needles oiled and your yarn wound? I am really excited to see what the competitors will be knitting in the first round.
And for Scout’s meme, One
I was tagged last week by Bets (who, thankfully, has declared a moritorium on memes for a while. Thank goodness, ’cause I’m just not that interesting!) I kinda forgot about it too, until doing my Sunday blog-surf catch up (read as: procrastinating on finishing Brooke’s scarf).
So, here goes. Five never-before revealed, super-interesting things about me. Not.
1. My hair has been turning white since I was fifteen. It’s actually easier to be blonde than my true black.
2. I am good at lacrosse and practiced with Guitar Boy when he used to be on a team- go figure, for miss ballerina.
3. I was run down by an SUV three years ago – I will never roll my eyes at someone who says their back hurts again!
4. I LOVE shoes. I have shoes in my closet from the 80’s, and I have a particular weakness for cool sneakers and vintage or reproduction shoes. Pumas in four different colours, 6 pairs of Chuck Taylors (of course!), Candies mules from the 80’s. Imelda and Carrie have NOTHING on me.
5. I don’t watch television – other than CSI – and I need to turn on the timer to remind me or I will knit (or read) right through it.
Bet you’re wondering how you got through your day before knowing all this, right :)?
I’ll have some knitting for you later today, Cheers!