She is off the hook and off the needles. “Skellina” is a blingy version of “Yorick” and technically another test knit. Note to self: take notes, SMH. I believe I’ve got it all down now and will get at some writing and tech editing.
This is another of my ©kindred knits & cohabiting crochet projects, combining filet mesh crochet in a motif form, with knitted lace work and ribbing. I invented a rib stitch to achieve the look of bones for Yorick… alas poor Karin! I knew notes not – apologies to Willy Shakespeare. All is recouped though and tweaked even, so that the Skellina version is “The One”.
I was iffy about using a yarn with acrylic – I totally own being a yarn snob – but this King Cole “Galaxy” just wouldn’t stop following my around my LYS the last time I went for a Sit ‘N Knit. I figured anything so sassy and insistent needed WIP’ing into shape. I actually love it… it is the tiniest bit splitty but you’d expect that with the paillette thread and in no way is this a disadvantage. The yarn is soft and shows the stitches well. What I really like is that the paillettes shine with rainbow hues, when light hits them. It’s like a two for one look and gives a perfect sugarskull or Día de Muertos look to the finished cowl.
The other WIP’s are coming along, that being a second “Filigree” and the resurrected third pair of “Goth-stonian” legwarmers. I found some beautiful Asian-motif beads in a lacquer red that’ll be perfect for this pair that I’m working in some black Cascade 220.
And now, back to the grind. Cheers All!
Skellina ©Karin Bole Tupper & KeiB Designs
Skellina ©Karin Bole Tupper & KeiB Designs – worn with a quarter turn for a more subtle look
Filigree ©Karin Bole Tupper & KeiB Designs
Red Asian motif beads and custom sugarskull beads
Skellina ©Karin Bole Tupper & KeiB Designs – completely reversible
I just realized how badly misinterpreted that post title could be by knitting muggles…
Alas, they shall have to remain uninitiated :p
I wrapped up the prototype for “Filigree” today and am mostly happy with it. I’m going to tweak a thing or two for the testknit. I reclaimed some Handmaiden Camelspin in the rose garden colourway for the that. I’m looking forward to knitting it all over again!
My Lazy Ripple is done too, so lazy that I’m not going to block it. It’s lazy because there weren’t formal row counts. This was meant totally for stashbusting and so I used every bit of all the skeins. I like how it came out and I hope there’ll be some babies show up in my circle to gift it to 🙂
Photos of both:
Filigree by KeiB Designs
Lazy Ripples Pram Blanket
1m x 80cm and 8 skeins busted out of Stash Jail
Filigree scarf blocking
Handmaiden Camelspin “Rose Garden”
Filigree ~ After blocking
I had hoped to be posting the finished photo of my boy’s afghan but it seemed a little short, more lap quilt size and so I spent last night unravelling the very elderly knitted one and am going to work a second striping sequence for this project.
Funny how some things just don’t want to be made and yet other projects seem to work themselves!
Happy Double Duty Dromedary Day! 🙂