Wanted: Another Pair Of Hands

Either that or the willpower to not begin new projects before I finish old ones!

So, the WIP’s that I ‘fess up to – there are others in my work room – Moorland and Dahlia cardis are coming along nicely. I hope to have Moorland to the shoulder seaming by the end of the year. Dahlia got a lot of love this weekend and I’m in the home stretch of stocking stitch to finish the left front.

Noro Bias Scarf and Bellydance! Socks (Jingle socks) are seeing some progress but I’m tempted to hide them in the workroom too! The thrill has worn off and they aren’t for gifts so… I started something new.

I’m working the Morlynn Shawl in a combination of Lang Mille Colori Sock & Lace and Cascade Heritage Sock. I’ve renamed this the Tandoori Tikka Tumeric Shawl for the colours – way outside my comfort zone usually but these ones together are beautiful I think.

These are the skeins, no progress photo just yet. I’m into section A and have done the calculation (gasp! I did!) to make it a little larger and use up the maximum amount of yarn from each.

Gold or Tumeric Cascade

Gold or Tumeric Cascade

For Morlyn main colour

Progress photo tomorrow and hopefully at least one finished project – the socks and scarf are so close to done!

 

Progress!

It doesn’t look like much right now but this is Dahlia, I’ve just picked up the upper and lower sections, getting ready to work the left side.

Right side done.

Right side done.

The construction technique is very interesting. Several provisional cast ons, knitting a square motif in the round, afterthought armholes, how it would all come together wasn’t readily apparent on the read through – not to this very visual learner / knitter but as it’s working up, I’m loving it. The top is the reverse stocking stitch collar and seed stitch border, the left halves of the middle, have just been unzipped to be worked out to the side “seam” and then followed by the left side and front border. The yellow stitches in the middle of the blob are the keeper stitches for the armhole.

I chose the colourway “sight unseen” and if I knit this again, would choose a solid or semi-solid (what I expected). Otherwise, the Manos “Serena” base is heaven to work with. I’ve another pattern that calls for it, “Parsley” and that may be my New Year project – a cute knit with spring / summer in it.

The day off was wonderful and if I’d found a Llama Daddy when I was out there, I’d be staying home today with more knitting and tea but the Christmas shopping got done and so did my hair so, two out of three ain’t bad 🙂