When I post from work all kinds of things go awry! Starting with, the entry screen is blank – there’s no way of knowing what you’ve type! One can’t add photos and adding video is a spotty proposition. In moments of artistic brilliance (heavy irony) I’ve taken the chance on my poetry blog. My feeling being I have to get the words out or lose them, a definite possibility with ADD and so, I throw them in there, save, post and figure I can return from home to fancy up , grammatify or add photos as needs be. Being a pretty exceptional speller-er, I figure I can get away with it.
What I didn’t know is that I can’t get away with “reblogs”, as seen last week when I tried to reblog this wonderful pattern. It defaulted to my poetry blog and though not a disaster, was not going to reach the people who’d truly appreciate and likely just make my poetry people scratch their heads. Note to self: you can reblog only once. Check where it’s going carefully!
Here are the photos that caught my eye from the original post on Monster Yarns and another link to get you there:
Kinda like singing the chorus… with more cowbell. 😉
Merry Midweek All!
Have just finished up the i-cord cast off. I divided the number of stitches by three and used each of my colours. I’m very happy with it. The result is very subtle and a little unexpected.
These are unofficial photos as it’s just the knitting that’s done. I’ve yet to tuck the ends and maybe do a very light blocking. The body and drape of the Primo combined with garter stitch makes it look like blocking will be optional.
Westknits Mystery Shawl KAL 2013 1
Westknits Mystery Shawl KAL 2013 2 – sans toes
Westknits Mystery Shawl KAL 2013 – unblocked detail
Anymore will need to wait for tomorrow evening. My fingers and eyes need a wee rest after all that i-cord and tomorrow is another work day.
Goodnight all 🙂
Wrapped up the border last night around 7:00 and then did a little reading on the Chat Only thread over at the MKAL headquarters to see what finishes were being used. With three different choices, there are a lot of different looks to choose from.
My first thought when I read through the clue on Friday, was i-cord. This design is very architectural and I could picture a nice clean finish in harmony with the long straight lines and the striping. Shouldn’t have read the thread… There’s a lot of praise for the picot cast off and one knitter took out her i-cord to use that one instead.
I agonized for a bit and then decided to stick to my plan. I-cord in the three colours, more or less in thirds. With there being varying amounts of each left over, the colour distribution will probably be more asymmetrical but I think that’ll be in keeping with the overall design.
I posted a picture of the first bit of i-cord on Instagram last night, if anyone wants to peek – links are on the right side of blog. As work interferes with all of my fun, I probably won’t have a photo until late tonight. I almost hate to see the end of this, it’s been a lot of fun!
ETA: I have a photo on my project page of the i-cord progress that you can see by clicking on “Stephen” below.